Dear Third Graders and Families:
Welcome to Third Grade!
My name is Becca, and I will be the third grade teacher this year. This will be my seventh year teaching at PS150M, and my 12th year teaching in the New York City Public Schools. I look forward to meeting all of the third grade families and learning about all of my new students!
School will be here before you know it. I want you to know that I am already planning exciting projects, trips and events geared to our content studies, bridges and Japan. We are going to have a terrific year! For our first project, please bring with you a magazine to use for collaging for the first day of school.
A few quick reminders to start off on the right foot…
1. Parent communication is very important to me. If you need to reach me, you can either send in a note or email me at BeccaPS150@gmail.com. I will do my best to respond as quickly as possible.
2. If emergency numbers, dismissal information or medical information changes, please let me know immediately. My number one priority is to keep your child safe.
3. We have a class website! Look on ps150.net under class pages! The password is my name!
4. Below is a list of “community” school supplies needed for the beginning of the school year, so please do not label individual items with your child’s name. Many of you already purchased these supplies online, but if you haven’t, please try to bring them in during the first two days of school (in a bag with your child’s name on it) so I will be able to keep track of who has contributed. Please also be aware that for some items I am requesting certain brands.
SCHOOL SUPPLIES due Friday, September 6th:
– Backpack (this item SHOULD have your students name on it)
– 1 box Ziploc brand gallon size bags
– 1 Crayola washable glue (4 oz.)
– 2 boxes (12 pencils per box): DIXON TICONDEROGA pencils
– 3 wide rule black composition notebooks (100 pages)
– 2 pencil sharpeners
– 1 package 3X3 post its (yellow)
– 1 package 3X3 post its (pink)
– 1 package 3X3 post its (blue)
– 3 paper towel rolls- select a size bounty
– 4 EXPO black dry erase markers
– 4 black flair medium felt tip pens by Papermate
– 2 red flair medium felt tip pen by Papermate
– 2 box Kleenex tissues
– 1 red hard plastic folder
– 1 blue hard plastic folder
– 1 green hard plastic folder
– 1 black hard plastic folder
– 1 purple hard plastic folder
– 2 glue sticks
– 1 roll scotch tape with holder
– 1 container of sanitizing wipes (Clorox)
– 1 mini stapler
– 1 bottle of purell hand sanitizer
– 1 package of 3 X 5 index cards
– 1 eraser
Enjoy the rest of your summer. I will meet you bright and early on the first day of school.