The PS 150 Annual Fund
For decades, PS 150 has challenged its students to strive for scholastic excellence and creative expression in the classroom, on the steps, on the Plaza, and in the community.
Each year, to help sustain our current offerings as well as continually build for the future, we depend on the generous support of PS 150 parents like you. Contributions to the PS 150 Annual Fund help make this possible.
How much do I donate?
Our recommended donation amount is $1800 per child, but all gifts are valued and appreciated. Several educational grants offered to non-profits like our PTA use community involvement as a gauge, so no amount is too small – your participation helps us show that involvement!
How do I donate?
Please use any of the following methods that are convenient for you:
- PS 150 on Zelle – Donations can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org. 100% of your donation goes to our school. Link to Zelle Pay. Our school’s account will appear as “Enrolled with Zelle as Christopher Totaro”. Please be sure to email email@example.com if contributing through Zelle so we can email you a donation receipt.
- PS 150 on PayPal – Make your donation online here; recurring monthly gift options are also available
- Employer Matching Gifts – More than 1,000 companies match donations made to schools by their employees and retirees. The value of an individual gift can be doubled—even tripled—through corporate matching gifts. Not sure if your employer has a matching program? Please use this document of employers with known matching programs to search for yours. Note that this document may not have complete and up-to-date information on all firms – the surest way to confirm is by reaching out to your HR department!
- Stocks/ETF/Mutual Fund Donations – If you would like to donate long-term appreciated securities – including stocks, bonds and mutual funds – directly to our PTA, there are two potential benefits. First, you avoid paying capital gains taxes on the amount of the appreciation. Second, you are still eligible to deduct the full fair-market value of the stock as a charitable income tax donation(b). Compared with donating cash, or selling your appreciated securities and contributing after-tax proceeds, you may be able to increase your gift and your tax deduction. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
- Check –To make a gift by mail, please fill out this check donation form and send a printed copy of it along with your check, payable to PS 150 PTA, to:
PS 150 PTA/Fundraising
28-42 Trinity Place
New York, NY 10006
Attn: Annual Fund
- Questions? Please email us: email@example.com
(b)Please consult your tax professional for advice
In addition to your generous monetary donations, we welcome the gift of time! Whether volunteering for the PTA Executive Board, spring auction, community building events, book fairs, or bake sales, it’s a great way to get to know other parents, faculty, and our school better and to help PS 150 as it continues to offer unique educational opportunities, integrate new technology, and provide cultural enrichment for our students. Join our volunteer database by completing our Volunteer Registry and see what might pique your interest (no commitment required when completing the form).